Harvey Shiffman, DDS
Wednesday, April 1st – 2:00 pm to 5:00 pm – 3 CREDIT HOURS
FEE: ADA/LIFE MEMBER: $125
NEW DENTIST: $100 RDH/STAFF: $100
NON-ADA MEMBER: $165 RESIDENT/STUDENT: FREE
ATTEND TWO HALF-DAY LECTURES AND SELECT AN EVENING LECTURE FOR FREE!
(EXCLUDES CPR & OPIOID MANDATE) SEE REGISTRATION FOR DETAILS.
“Advanced Laser Applications in the Treatment of Snoring/Sleep Disordered Breathing and Facial Aesthetics”
This course is for all dental practitioners and team members to learn about the applications of lasers for the following applications:
- Sleep disordered breathing (including screening) whereby the soft palate and uvula are bathed with laser energy which tightens the collagen and opens up the airway without cutting or surgery.
- Screening for TOT’s (tethered oral tissues) and the relationship to sleep disorders
- Laser therapies for TOT’s and Sleep Disordered Breathing (snoring, sleep apnea and more)
- Non-surgical laser applications in improving sports performance and nasal breathing
- Applications in facial Aesthetics within the scope of dental practice
- Facial Rejuvenation – “Turn Back the Clock of Facial Aging”
- Wrinkle reduction and prevention – bathing the inside of the cheek in laser energy tightening the collagen so the outside of the cheek looks smooth
- Laser lip enhancement – the inside of the lip is bathed in laser energy creating new collagen and making lips look fuller.
Please note that the SBD, wrinkle reduction and lip enhancement will require a touch up every 12-18 months and all three procedures are reversible and within a dentist’s license since they are treating the intra oral cavity.
Clinical cases and treatment planning will be discussed.
This presentation is graciously co-sponsored by
Harvey S. Shiffman, DDS
Dr. Shiffman is in general practice at the Laser Dental Center in Boynton Beach, Florida. He is a graduate of Georgetown University School of Dentistry and completed a general practice residency at Georgetown University Medical Center, with an emphasis on treating medically compromised patients. Dr. Shiffman completed certification with the Academy of Laser Dentistry (ALD) in three types of Laser systems and was recently awarded a Fellowship in the ALD. He is personally involved in the use and development of cutting edge technology and has performed tens of thousands of laser dental procedures over the last 15 years. Dr. Shiffman is an instructor for the Academy of Clinical Technology (ACT) , LAHA Lasers and Health Academy . Dr. Shiffman most recently lectured at the Rocky Mountain Dental Conference , Yankee Dental Congress , the Greater New York Dental Meeting , Rocky Mountain Dental Conference , American Sleep and Breathing Association ,Seattle Study Club Symposium and the 2018 Lasers and Health Conference in Portoroz ,Slovenia on Advances in Laser Dentistry .Dr.Shiffman is an adjunct professor in the Department of Prosthodontics at Nova Southeastern College of Dental Medicine